Fuel storage upgrade for East Midlands waste recycling firm
An East Midlands recycling business has installed an additional fuel storage tank following the opening of a second processing yard. The new fuelling point has increased capacity, enabling separate fuelling points to be assigned to diesel, for road transport and gas oil for plant machinery.
Drivers usually refuel after each shift so that their vehicles are ready for an early start the following day explains the company’s transport manager. By setting up this additional facility, dedicated to the lorries, the company has saved hours of time that was wasted previously, while queuing for fuel. More importantly, drivers can now get home to their families without unnecessary delay.
Supplied and installed by Ledbury Welding & Engineering, the new fuelling point comprises a 50K capacity diesel storage tank, equipped with leak detection and electronics contents gauging. An inspection hatch allows access to underground pipework running out to the fuelling island. The layout is designed to use yard space more efficiently since vehicles can draw fuel from either side.
LWE provided a complete fuelling solution including pump dispensers, for diesel and AdBlue and a fuel management control unit, as specified by the client. Access to fuel is controlled by key fobs assigned to specific vehicles or plant machine.
Details for each transaction – the amount drawn, time and date – are recorded. The data is collected and presented as a computer dashboard by a web-based reporting system. Usage and current stock levels for all sites are monitored from the HQ transport office.
Used in conjunction with fleet telematics, the company has complete visibility of its fuel usage and from this, the fleet’s CO2 usage – or carbon footprint. They can also check for any potential leaks because the system shows that every litre delivered is fully accounted for either as stock or by current plant/vehicle consumption.”
- Growing haulage firm invests in depot fuelling facilities
- Fuel storage upgrade for East Midlands waste recycling firm
- Car Parts distributor brings its transport fuelling in-house
- Why above ground fuel storage is cost effective
- Marking LWE’s long standing relationship with Stagecoach UK.
- Scaling up fuel storage capacity for a smoother ride on costs.
- Fuelling the big green parcel machine
- Ledbury Tanks for Certas Energy’s new oil distribution depot in Yelland
- Network for recycling waste from forecourt miss-fuelling is based on LWE’s SuperVault, above ground storage tanks
- Lockwood Group upgrades its HQ depot fuelling services.
- Fuel recycling pays back for Arnold Clark’s Car & Van Rental operations
- Fuelling efficiencies at Springhill Farms.
- Contract work to upgrade depot fuelling facilities
- Waitrose HQ transport fuelling facilities
- Abergavenny Fuels
© Copyright 2019. Ledbury Welding & Engineering