Fuelling efficiencies at Springhill Farms.
Springhill Farms, part of the Evesham Growers group, has upgraded its depot fuelling facilities with the installation of a 20K litres dual product storage tank, providing 15K and 5K capacity respectively, for gas oil used in tractors and plant and road diesel for trucks and general transport vehicles.
Supplied and installed by Ledbury Welding & Engineering, the tank installation includes a twin hose dispenser and electronic monitoring to control the allocation of fuel. For additional security, the tank has been installed within the equipment and machinery storage workshop facility.
“Fuel accounts for a significant proportion of our operating costs,” explains plant facilities manager, Will Parrott, adding. “Currently our annual fuel bill is running at around £300,000, so even a small percentage savings on this will improve our bottom line results. Our fuelling requirements have grown as the business has developed and the previous set up was limited and we had very little management control.
“From the office, I can log into the fuel management web browser screen, showing current fuel status and usage. The system provides a timely warning as stock levels approach a pre-set re-order level. With the additional fuel storage capacity, we are in a better position to make savings on fuel costs by anticipating requirements and then shopping around for best prices.”
The Springhill Farms estate produces a range of high value vegetables such as spring onions, courgettes and asparagus. Land is also allocated for growing grass, maize and rye which feeds into the Evesham group’s anaerobic digester plants. These facilities are generating the energy required to heat the glasshouses used for the production of tomatoes.
- Growing haulage firm invests in depot fuelling facilities
- Fuel storage upgrade for East Midlands waste recycling firm
- Car Parts distributor brings its transport fuelling in-house
- Why above ground fuel storage is cost effective
- Marking LWE’s long standing relationship with Stagecoach UK.
- Scaling up fuel storage capacity for a smoother ride on costs.
- Fuelling the big green parcel machine
- Ledbury Tanks for Certas Energy’s new oil distribution depot in Yelland
- Network for recycling waste from forecourt miss-fuelling is based on LWE’s SuperVault, above ground storage tanks
- Lockwood Group upgrades its HQ depot fuelling services.
- Fuel recycling pays back for Arnold Clark’s Car & Van Rental operations
- Fuelling efficiencies at Springhill Farms.
- Contract work to upgrade depot fuelling facilities
- Waitrose HQ transport fuelling facilities
- Abergavenny Fuels
© Copyright 2021. Ledbury Welding & Engineering