Growing haulage firm invests in depot fuelling facilities
New customers for above ground fuel storage tanks by Ledbury Welding and Engineering (LWE), include Collier Haulage of Pontypool, South Wales. This family owned business has set up a depot fuelling station, enabling the owner to reap the benefits of bulk purchasing fuel supplies at spot market prices.
“Currently our fleet comprises 25 articulated trailers and fuel usage is running at around 15,000 litres a week,” explains Gregg Collier. He continues. “Whilst third party bunker account services have served us well in the past, our business has now grown to a level where we can achieve better economies through bulk purchasing.
“In-house fuelling gives us absolute control of our main operating cost. It also saves time because depot fuelling is more convenient and vehicle journeys can be planned more efficiently.”
Ledbury has supplied a complete fuelling solution based on a tank providing 45,000 litres storage capacity. The installation includes a dispenser pump, electronic monitoring and web-based fuel management service.
Gregg Collier continues. “As a system, this gives us the tools to track usage and monitor our current stock levels. This information, together with the large capacity tank, allows us to make smarter procurement decisions. We can set up re-order alerts, allowing time to track prices and negotiate best prices per 36,000 litres, full tanker load.”
He concluded by saying. “We chose Ledbury because we wanted a resilient solution, built to good engineering standards. Ledbury tanks are well known and are trusted throughout the road transport sector. With an annual throughput of stock worth more than £750,000, we did not want to make any compromise on build quality or performance.
- Growing haulage firm invests in depot fuelling facilities
- Fuel storage upgrade for East Midlands waste recycling firm
- Car Parts distributor brings its transport fuelling in-house
- Why above ground fuel storage is cost effective
- Marking LWE’s long standing relationship with Stagecoach UK.
- Scaling up fuel storage capacity for a smoother ride on costs.
- Fuelling the big green parcel machine
- Ledbury Tanks for Certas Energy’s new oil distribution depot in Yelland
- Network for recycling waste from forecourt miss-fuelling is based on LWE’s SuperVault, above ground storage tanks
- Lockwood Group upgrades its HQ depot fuelling services.
- Fuel recycling pays back for Arnold Clark’s Car & Van Rental operations
- Fuelling efficiencies at Springhill Farms.
- Contract work to upgrade depot fuelling facilities
- Waitrose HQ transport fuelling facilities
- Abergavenny Fuels
© Copyright 2018. Ledbury Welding & Engineering