Marking LWE’s long standing relationship with Stagecoach UK.
The opening of the new Stagecoach bus depot in Herne Bay, Kent, marks a longstanding relationship with Ledbury Welding & Engineering (LWE). Stagecoach has closed its former High Street facilities and relocated to a purpose-built depot alongside the town’s railway station.
Under a turnkey contract, LWE has supplied a fully operational vehicle fuelling installation. This comprises a 100K self bunded diesel storage tank serving dual pump dispensers. The work also included the refurbishment of an existing bio-diesel tank, which has been reinstalled, together with all the interconnecting pipework.
“LWE has been a supplier of diesel fuel storage tanks to the Stagecoach Group for many years,” says UK Bus Construction Manager, Stuart Farr. “The UK bus group covers over 90 major towns and cities, operating from 180 depots throughout the United Kingdom. Out of these, it would be fair to say that most of the group’s diesel storage tanks have been manufactured by LWE.”
The UK Bus group is split into 19 regional operating companies, each of which has its own management team and thereby, enabled to operate autonomously per local requirements.
Stuart Farr continues. “The Construction department is brought in to provide specialist expertise for any major infrastructure projects. We act in an advisory capacity with responsibility for helping to achieve cost savings and better efficiency in facilities management across the board.
“After reviewing options for Herne Bay, we decided to ask LWE to take responsibility for the entire package – as a complete fuelling solution.
“Since the tank is the major element for new installs, this approach not only saved on costs, it also added value to LWE by providing the opportunity to commission stock management instrumentation and loading controls as part of the factory build process.”
In summarising the project Stuart Farr said. “This project has further strengthened the longstanding relationship that exists between Stagecoach Group and LWE as a key equipment supplier. The Herne Bay project went very smoothly. The new tank, together with the refurbished biofuel tank and fuelling facilities are now operational.”
Stagecoach North Kent runs 75 buses from its Herne Bay depot. Mostly these are for ‘Park and Ride’ and local scheduled service routes. Other work includes school contracts and services tailored to local university campuses.
- Growing haulage firm invests in depot fuelling facilities
- Fuel storage upgrade for East Midlands waste recycling firm
- Car Parts distributor brings its transport fuelling in-house
- Why above ground fuel storage is cost effective
- Marking LWE’s long standing relationship with Stagecoach UK.
- Scaling up fuel storage capacity for a smoother ride on costs.
- Fuelling the big green parcel machine
- Ledbury Tanks for Certas Energy’s new oil distribution depot in Yelland
- Network for recycling waste from forecourt miss-fuelling is based on LWE’s SuperVault, above ground storage tanks
- Lockwood Group upgrades its HQ depot fuelling services.
- Fuel recycling pays back for Arnold Clark’s Car & Van Rental operations
- Fuelling efficiencies at Springhill Farms.
- Contract work to upgrade depot fuelling facilities
- Waitrose HQ transport fuelling facilities
- Abergavenny Fuels
© Copyright 2017. Ledbury Welding & Engineering